Wednesday, March 24

Rapid fire listings, go!

Lot has happened over the last few days, but I will cover from yesterday morning, in itemized fashion:
  • Started smoking again - mainly chaining to help me stay awake for a little all-night cramming for PSY 330, exam 2. Not a great idea. After the first draft, I was light-headed and nearly passed out, barely even finishing the damn thing.
  • The Office - since we went out for 15A/15B's dinner last Thursday, I was unable to catch up on it until this morning, when I remembered. OMGANDYANDERINAWKWARDCUTENESS
  • Saw an old friend from high school who recently came back to Arizona to continue their education in another direction. While the greetings weren't as pleasant enough for me to usually tolerate, I forgave in favor of a warm exchange ("Wow, you still go to ASU? I thought you'd be done by now!")
  • By procrastinating all spring break, not doing the last two homeworks and missing the last two lab sessions, I had just about royally fucked myself for this exam. I am prepared for a 50%, although after taking it this afternoon I feel optimistic (as in, "maybe I BS'd enough to get a 70%..?")
  • Caffeine. CAFFEINE. Man that stuff is dangerous combined with cigarettes.. I'd almost forgotten their awesome dream-team'bility- 3 pots fixed that..
  • The POWER NAP. 30-45mins of assisted power nap (3: Dude get up *FLASH CEILING LIGHTS*)
  • That mentioned, I have slept about 30-45mins since waking up on 3/23 around 7am..
  • PGS 443 - Dr. P is amazing and easily one of my favorite professors in the psych dept. Although his "I'm kind of joking about that, but not really joking" quips get repetitive after you realize that he is retelling an anecdote from 2 lectures ago.. again. Nevertheless, I renew my doubt of psychoanalysts, big pharma, health insurance companies and over-diagnosis with each dose of the entertaining morning lecture.
  • Questionable Content - I've spent about 4-6 of today's waking hours reading the strip. I'm up to 99, and I've read about 500 strips back from the latest page. J. Jacques is amazing.
  • Dr. K attended today's lab meeting and discussed grad school and reaffirmed my belief that it will be nearly impossible for me to attend in the foreseeable (~5 years) future. It costs a lot (just to apply, GRE, etc), my GPA sucks, I'm not interested in academia, and a few other annoyances that I will detail later.
Desperably in need of sleep.

Delicious stats:
27s smoked: 10
Coffee (20oz): 6
QuestionableContent.net strips read: ~600
Sleep (mins) since 7am/3-23-2010: 30-45mins
Anime (Ep): 0
Phone dropped: 0

3 comments:

I WANT YOUR COMMENTS