Thursday, March 11

SO- First post

So, I've followed through on creating the blog, and it seems appropriate to post something, even though I haven't even started on the layout or basic look yet. As far as a blog or blog-type enterprise, this is not my first attempt, but an ideal world, you'd be able to tell that so far, this is my strongest attempt. I cannot, in this post, describe the direction or tone that my blog will take, but I see fabulous amounts of time wasted in the near-future, including modern warfare-esque accolades, frequent references to people I know and frequent red herring for those same people, on the borderline chance that they find their way into my corner and I need barely-plausible deniability for my actions.

As far as today's slice of life goes, I've pondered the possibility of stopping smoking for awhile. There are several reasons which I will itemize:

  1. It is expensive. Seriously, it's not really supposed to be in my budget.
  2. I'm getting REALLY lazy. Which means..
  3. I'm totally out of shape. INTOLERABLY out of shape.

I'm pretty sure that smoking developed out of classical, rather than operant conditioning, as there was hardly any reinforcement from smoking when I began almost a decade ago. With this in thought, I thought I'd try shaping an incompatible response. Exercise. I'm not sure right now if the primary goal is to get in shape or to stop smoking for awhile (because we never 'quit', as 72 is fond of pointing out (my first numerical reference!). I'll establish some sort of routine tonight- probably sit-ups and jumping jacks. Har har.

Logically, taking better care of the ol' vessel should prove easier- it's difficult not to keep up hygiene and dietary habits when I'm active. Speaking of which, I'm going to go eat that onion/olive pizza now (one step at a time..)

Today's delicious statistics (since 8am)
Phone dropped: 1
27's smoked: 9
Coffee (20oz): 1

4 comments:

I WANT YOUR COMMENTS